Match the Dealer Blackjack Side Bet
Match the Dealer has been around for about 10 years and still has some placements across the Country. The bet is decided based on how many of the players first two cards match the dealers up card. This side bet can also be found on some Spanish 21 games, as well as online.
How to Play Match the Dealer Blackjack Side Bet
Once the cards are dealt, the dealer’s card is the baseline. All players that played the Match the Dealer side bet are trying to match the dealers up card. Better payments are received if the players cards are a match to each other and then also match the dealer’s card as compared to just one of the players cards matching the dealer’s card
There are 5 possible winning scenarios:
- Both player cards match the dealer’s card and suit
- Both player cards match the dealer’s card but only one is suited
- Only one card matches the dealer’s card and is suited
- Both cards match the dealer’s card but neither is suited
- Only one card matches the dealer’s card and is not suited
With a 6 deck shoe and the following paytable, the house advantage on the Match the Dealer Blackjack side bet is 4.06%. This is a pretty low house advantage for blackjack side bets.
- Two Cards Match And Suited – 22-1
- Two Cards Match With One Suited – 15-1
- One Card Match And Suited – 11-1
- Two Cards Match With None Suited – 8-1
- One Card Match And Not Suited – 4-1
- All Others – Lose
With a less than 15% win frequency, this game can take your money very fast. On the other hand, if you can beat the odds in a short period of time, the paytable has some very strong pays and you can win a good amount of money in a short period of time. Volatile games like this are very hit and miss and can be frustrating if luck is not on your side on any particular day.