Is Live Casino Roulette Better Than RNG?
Roulette is just one of several casino games to receive the live dealer treatment in recent years. Online casinos have always offered games which rely on Random Number Generator (RBG) software. But live dealer versions of roulette, blackjack and more are increasingly common.
But the question is, which of the two ways to play online roulette is the best?
In this article, we’ll present the pros and cons of both.
Live Roulette vs. RNG Roulette
Let’s kick the discussion off by listing out the respective qualities of each type of online roulette game.
- Immersive, real life casino experience. Hear the sounds; the roulette wheel and ball behaves realistically; plus you can chat with fellow players and a real croupier.
- Real equipment lends an air of trust, since it’s much harder to fix a result.
- Live casino providers continue to innovate and provide exciting variations, such as Lightning Roulette, Double Ball Roulette and Gold Bar Roulette Live.
- Some online casino bonuses do not apply to live dealer games.
- Cannot play live roulette games in demonstration mode in order to learn the rules or practice betting strategies.
- Minimum bet sizes are higher than average, due to the additional costs involved with running a live casino studio. This can exclude casual players.
- You are in charge of how quickly the games progress. If you want to slow things down in order to think, you can take a breather and resume whenever you are ready.
- Casino bonuses always apply to RNG games and are more commonly available than live dealer games.
- Free play demos are available, allowing you to practice before risking real money.
- RNG roulette offers the lowest minimum betting limits, as well as higher maximum bets, making it a better choice for many.
- Playing RNG roulette is a lonely, isolated experience.
- There is very little variety between games, with none of the exciting titles found in live casino games.
- RNG roulette games now feel outdated, with clunky animations, poor graphics and cheesy music.
- The animated roulette wheel often behaves unrealistically or repetitively.
It’s fair to say that both live casino roulette and its RNG counterpart have their own advantages. But ultimately, playing at live casinos is the best way to play for a greater number of people.
It’s true that live roulette can exclude micro-stakes players. But for the vast majority of people, it offers a much more realistic casino experience. There’s something thrilling about hearing the ball clanking around the wheel. It’s exciting to see it bouncing erratically, as opposed to the predictable animations of an RNG roulette game.
Further, there is much more innovation in the live casino world. Thanks to innovative suppliers like Evolution, there are all kinds of ingenious twists on this casino classic. Random multipliers, engaging bonus rounds, flamboyant set design and charming presenters all add up to offer an immersive experience.
One such example is Gold Bar Roulette Live, which offers players multipliers of up to 88x when betting with gold bars. Another Interesting variation is Double Ball Roulette, which sends two balls around the wheel for twice the chance of winning! You can try these creative live roulette games today at Betiton Casino.