2020 was a challenging year for many firms in iGaming, but the leading live games company, Evolution, had one of its best years to date. The live gaming operator released a series of new games, including some revolutionary new games, and acquired rival NetEnt to add hundreds of video slots and dozens of new live games to its catalogue.
We recently poured through Evolution’s end of year report, and the figures were compelling: 2020 was Evolution’s most successful year to date. It’s difficult to imagine how it could have gone any better.
In this report, we’ll tell you about some of the key figures from the report and some of the top Evolution live games from 2020.
Evolution’s End of Year Report – Key Figures
To save you time, we’ve summarized the most important figures here.
- Evolution’s operating revenue increased by 53% to EUR 561.1 million.
- Profit for 2020 amounted to EUR 284.6 million.
- Earnings per share were EUR 1.55.
While there’s no data for 2021 yet, we’re sure that the acquisition of NetEnt and the release of several new games in 2020 will drive even stronger numbers in 2021. So, what’s behind this strong revenue growth? In part, it was the release of several new live casino games. We’ll tell you more about them below.
Evolution’s Best Games of 2020
At the ICE conference in February 2020, Evolution showcased 12 new games it would release throughout the year. These included seven new games and some in-person games.
These new games go some way to explaining the strong revenue growth Evolution experienced in 2020. The best new Evolution games include:
- Crazy Time – This is arguably Evolution’s most exciting and involved game to date. It’s a money-wheel game show with four bonus rounds, including a coin flip, Pachinko, instant cash wins, and an extra-profitable money wheel bonus feature.
- Mega Ball – In another world-first, Evolution released the first live dealer keno/lotto game. With prizes of up to 1,000,000x your wager and a fast-paced live lotto game in a green and gold studio, Mega Ball was a huge hit with live casino players in 2020.
- Instant Roulette – This is live roulette without live dealers. Evolution created a fast-paced live game with 24 auto-roulette wheels in one studio. It’s sensory overload in this fast-paced live roulette game.
- Power Blackjack – Always pushing the envelope, Evolution introduced this live blackjack game with the chance to double, triple, or even quadruple your initial bet if you receive a strong first hand.
- Lightning Baccarat – The Lightning Series of games has been a huge hit for Evolution. This addition introduced multipliers to baccarat cards. Up to five cards can have multipliers worth up to 8x per hand.
- Speed Blackjack – After the initial popularity of Speed Roulette, Evolution introduced Speed Blackjack in 2020. This game introduced an element of competition between players; whoever makes their decision first gets their card dealt before the others.
- Live Craps – No other live gaming company has mastered live craps; but Evolution pulled it off. Set in a charming speakeasy-style studio, Evolution live craps takes you back to the ‘20s to play the world’s favourite live dice game.
We’re excited to see what new games Evolution comes up with in the future. If these are anything to go by, things will only get better and better as Evolution tightens its grip as the live gaming leader.