Live Baccarat From Evolution Gaming
Evolution Gaming offers several variants of live dealer baccarat. In this review, we’ll be focusing on the classic version. This is the main baccarat game offered in most live casinos. A little later in the review, we’ll briefly cover the other baccarat variants and what they offer. For now, let’s look at live baccarat by Evolution Gaming.
Live Baccarat – Key Features
- It’s streamed from dedicated game studios hosted by Evolution Gaming. This company has won the EGR Live Game Operator award every year since it came online.
- Multiple camera angles offer views of the dealer and close up views of the cards as gameplay unfolds.
- A range of side bets is available which offer larger payouts than standard baccarat bets. Payouts of up to 200:1 are possible.
- Bean-shaped tables and friendly live dealers create a real-to-life gaming experience in a red and gold game studio.
- A number of interactive features (see below) enrich the gaming experience – see how other players are betting, view historical stats, etc.
How Live Baccarat Works
When you first sit down at the live baccarat table, your game host or hostess will greet you and invite you to play. From there, this is how the game will unfold.
- A betting window will open, and you’ll need to place your chips on the digital game board before it closes. You can bet on player, banker, tie, or a number of side bets. You can bet between £1 and £10,000 per hand.
- When the betting window closes, the dealer will issue cards to both the player and the banker. Following the rules of baccarat, the hand closest to nine wins.
- When the cards are dealt, you’ll get a birds-eye view of the game table with a tight view of the cards. The winner will be declared on the screen.
- All bets are paid out instantly. If you bet on player or banker, you’ll win even money minus a small commission on banker bets. If you bet on a tie, you’ll win 11:1. Side bets pay according to the paytable.
- Seconds after bets are paid, a new round of baccarat betting will open.
Other Quality Features Which Live Baccarat Offers
It’s the little things that count in life, and that’s true of casino gaming, too. There are some extra features which might only become apparent when you play live baccarat.
- You’ll be able to see how other players are betting on the interactive game board. For example, you might see that 80% of players are betting on the banker. This can be useful. Perhaps they have spotted a pattern that you have missed?
- Baccarat game scoreboards help you keep track of both your own results and the historical results of the game for the current dealing shoe.
- The casino can choose to set the tie payout at 8:1 or 9:1. Therefore, it’s worth registering at a few different casinos to find the best deal. Some casinos also have their own dedicated tables.
Evolution Gaming’s Baccarat Variants
As mentioned at the start of this Evolution baccarat review, this company offers several different variants of blackjack. This is a summary of the key differences between them.
- Speed Baccarat – This game proceeds at a much faster pace than standard live baccarat. Each hand takes under 30 seconds. Cards are dealt face up to speed things up.
- Baccarat Squeeze – This game involves 15 cameras which offer up-close views of every element of the game. Whichever hand has the most money bet on it will be squeezed – it will be revealed slowly and with maximum suspense.
- No Commission Baccarat – Whereas most baccarat games have a 5% commission on banker bets, this one does not. However, if the banker wins with a value of 6, you only win half your stake back.
Live Dealer Baccarat – Side Bets
All Evolution live baccarat games come with a standard “pairs” side bet. However, some casinos choose to offer other side bets, too. Here’s how they all work.
- Pairs – Bet on either the player or banker getting a pair. You will win 11:1 if this bet comes good.
- Perfect Pairs – If either the player or the banker gets two cards of the same value and suit, this bet pays 25:1. If both the player and banker get a perfect pair, you win 200:1. This is possible because eight decks are used.
- Bonus Bets – This bet pays when the outcome you bet on wins by a natural eight or nine. However, it must win by a minimum of four points. Payouts range from 30:1 to 1:1.
- Super 6 – This bet is only available on no commission baccarat. If the banker’s hand wins with a value of six, you’ll win 15:1.
Live Baccarat – Player’s Verdict
If you want to play classic baccarat without any twists, this is the game for you. It’s the original form of baccarat and dealer’s take their time to make every element of the game enjoyable. It’s as close to real casino baccarat as you’re going to get online. I especially enjoyed the ambience of the studio – there’s something about the red and gold colour scheme that makes it feel like a bona-fide Macau casino.
Best Online Casinos to play Live Baccarat – enter here and activate your bonus!
Live Baccarat Online – Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the table limits on live baccarat by Evolution Gaming?
The minimum bet is £1 per hand. If you’re a high stakes player, you can risk up to £10,000 per hand.
Q. How can I play the side bets?
They’re right there on the betting table. All you need to do is place your chips in the square associated with them. For example, Perfect Pair side bets pay 200:1. If you’re feeling lucky, that might be worth a chip or two.
Q. Can the dealer and other players see me when I play live baccarat online?
No. You can see the dealer, but she can’t see you. Likewise, players can’t see each other. In some games, you can chat with the dealer and other players through the text chat feature.