Live Fan Tan is a newly released Asian-themed live game by Evolution. It’s one of the simplest games the company has released, but it’s a lot of fun.
We wanted to write this live Fan Tan review to give you the inside scoop on how the game works, its pros and cons, and what you should expect when you play.
So, what is live Fan Tan? How do you play it? How much does it cost versus what you can win? Are there any downsides to the game? We’ll cover all of this and more below.
Evolution Fan Tan – Key Features
- This game is powered by Evolution. In case you don’t know, that’s the top live dealer gaming company on the planet. You can trust this game and expect a high-quality experience.
- This isn’t the first live Fan Tan iteration, but it may be the best. As always, Evolution has added a few extra features that make it more interesting than rival games.
- You can wager between £0.20 and £10,000 per round. Fan Tan offers the chance for players on all bankrolls to enjoy the action.
- The Fan Tan RTP ranges from between 96.25% to 98.75%. It all depends on the type of bet you make.
- You can win payouts of between 0.95:1 and 2.85:1 depending on what bets you make in real dealer Fan Tan.
How to Play Fan Tan by Evolution
As always, we play the live dealer games we’re reviewing. It’s the only way to write an honest, fair review that covers all of the important elements of the game in a factual way. Fan Tan is an incredibly easy and uncomplicated game. Here’s how it works:
- When the game loads, an entertaining host will welcome you to the table. You’ll see the deep red Fan Tan playing mat (Tan Ching) in a beautiful Asian studio.
- You’ll soon see the betting board on the screen in front of you with a countdown timer ticking above it. Drag your digital chips onto the board before the timer runs out. For example, you might wager £10 on one of the numbers 1-4. The potential payouts are clearly visible, too.
- The dealer will use a golden cup (Tan Koi) to select a random number of white beads from the total number. She drags these to another area of the table and clears the rest of the beads to the side.
- The dealer will then use a pole (Tan Pong) to separate the remaining beads into rows of four.
- When the maximum number of rows of four have been made, any leftover beads are counted. This is the number you bet on originally. For example, if the dealer selected 23 beads in the Tan Koi and separated them into five rows of four, there’d be three left. If you’d wagered on three, you’d win the associated payout.
- The dealer will clear the table of any remaining beads, and a new round of betting will then begin.
*Note – There are two game modes. We’ve covered the “simple” mode above with some basic bets. You can also switch to a more complex betting board with many more wagers on it. You make this switch by toggling one of the buttons on the game menu.
Are There Any Negatives to This Game?
Ask any two players if something is a positive or a negative, and they’ll likely disagree with each other. However, we like to cover a few things that we feel may be potential negatives to give you some perspective on what this game offers and doesn’t offer.
- Complexity – This game is very simple. After a few rounds, some players might be bored of it. Literally, the only thing you have to do is bet on the number of stones remaining after the rows of four have been counted out
- Payouts – Evolution does have some game shows and card games with higher payouts. Even live dealer card games like Evolution’s poker and blackjack games offer higher payout potential via side bets. However, relative to the risk and odds of winning the bets, the live Fan Tan payouts aren’t bad.
Live Dealer Fan Tan – Player’s Verdict
This is a simple, fast-paced, and fun game that expands Evolution’s Asian-themed selection of games. We thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend playing at least a few rounds. It’s not a skill-based game by any means, and it’s down to pure chance, but it’s going to be a hit with players who want to relax and unwind without thinking too much.
You can play it at any of our top-rated live casinos.