It’s one thing to play roulette in a casino in Las Vegas, London, or Macau, but how do you go about playing it online? We’ve written this step-by-step guide for those of you who want to know the ins and outs of how to play roulette online. As an added bonus, we’ve also included a list of the different roulette games which you can play online as well as some top roulette tips.
Playing roulette online isn’t a whole lot different than playing it in a brick and mortar casino. However, there are some subtle differences to be aware of.
Playing Roulette Online – A Step-By-Step Guide
- The first thing you need to do is register an account with a live roulette site. We’ve reviewed many of them here.
- Once you have created an account, make a deposit and select one of the roulette games from the casino lobby. Most casinos will offer both digital and live dealer roulette. We recommend the live games.
- When you enter the game, a live dealer will greet you and invite you to place your bets. This is done by dragging digital roulette chips onto the roulette table. Chips come in various denominations ranging from £0.10 to £500.
- You’ll have various options as to what you want to bet on. For example, you can place even money bets like red/black, or you can bet on individual or groups of numbers on the digital roulette table.
- When playing online roulette, it’s important to place your bets before the betting window closes. The dealer will indicate that this has happened by saying “no more bets” or something similar. You’ll get a warning on the screen when the betting window is about to close.
- The dealer will then spin the roulette wheel and release the ball. In some casino roulette variants such as Immersive Roulette, you’ll get an up-close shot of the wheel and will be able to watch the ball bouncing on it in real-time.
- Finally, when the roulette ball comes to rest in one of the pockets, winning bets will be paid, losing bets will be collected, and the whole process starts over again.
If you do opt for digital roulette online, the same sequence of events takes place. However, instead of a live dealer and a real roulette wheel, you’ll play against a Random Number Generator program on a digital roulette wheel.
This takes care of the basics of how to play roulette online. Now, let’s look at some of the different roulette variants you can play.
The Best Online Roulette Games – Which Will You Play?
The internet has opened up a world of possibility as far as casino games like roulette go. Never before have there been so many different roulette games with their own unique and interesting twists on the original game.
These are some of the best roulette games online:
- European Roulette –This is a classic roulette game with a single zero pocket. The advantage of playing European versions of roulette is that the house edge is only 2.7%.
- American Roulette –This is another classic roulette variant. The difference is that it has two zero pockets. This increases the casino house edge to 5.26%.
- French Roulette – Another original roulette variant, this one is played on a European roulette wheel. It has slightly different rules about what happens if you lose to the zero pocket. You’ll either get half of your bet back (La Partage,) or it will be kept (En Prison) until the next spin when you have a chance to win it back.
- Lightning Roulette–This is a new and innovative live roulette game by Evolution Gaming. After your wagers are placed, certain numbers are randomly selected as Lucky Numbers which can have multipliers of up to 500x. Forget even money bets in this variant – it’s all about picking individual numbers.
- Speed Roulette –If you think you’d enjoy a fast-paced version of roulette which takes half the time per hand, try Speed Roulette by Evolution Gaming. Live dealers are waiting to host you.
- Immersive Roulette– This variant gives you up-close views of the roulette wheel and dealer. This makes the game feel more realistic. It’s as if you’re sitting at a real roulette table. With so many different camera angles, it may be even better than the real thing.
- Double Ball Roulette –How does playing on an enhanced roulette wheel with two sets of pockets and two roulette balls sound? It’s double the fun and double the potential wins. If one spin at a time just doesn’t do it for you anymore, try Double Ball roulette.
- Dragonara Roulette –Evolution Gaming offers you the chance to play live roulette in some of the world’s premier casinos. This variant is streamed live from the Dragonara Casino in Malta. You can also play roulette streamed from the Hippodrome and several other world-class casinos.
- Age of the Gods Roulette – There are a number of interesting digital roulette variants available nowadays. This one is powered by Playtech and is themed on its world-class slots franchise Age of the Gods. As with the slot games, Age of the Gods roulette offers the chance to win multiple progressive jackpots.
- Salon PrivéRoulette– If you crave a VIP roulette experience in a private studio dedicated only to you, Salon Privéis the game you’re looking for. This exclusive roulette game isn’t open to just anyone – you’ll have to qualify to be able to play it. This is a game for high rollers only.
Play Live Roulette Games with professional live dealersonline.
Playing Roulette Online – Some Final Tips
Before you choose a live roulette site and play, read these pro roulette tips.
✔ Always play European roulette games. The house edge is much lower.
✔ Try interesting roulette variants with multipliers and progressive jackpots.
✔ Grab a roulette welcome bonus to give your bankroll a healthy boost.
✔ Practice good bankroll management. Don’t spend more than 1% per spin.
✘ Never chase losses. If you’ve spent your bankroll, call it a day.