All you need to know about the Wynn Casino Las Vegas
Named after the famous american casino magnate Steve Wynn, the Wynn Casino Las Vegas is one of the most recent and also one of the largest casinos on the Strip. It has nature and luxury as its themes and is built to the same high standards as the billionaire’s other casinos including the Mirage and the Bellagio.
Wynn Casino’s History
When Steve Wynn
merged his Mirage Resorts group ( which managed his Mirage and Bellagio casinos) with billionaire Kirk Kerkorian’s MGM group, he created the Wynn Resorts group and bought the Desert Inn, one of the Strip’s most famous casinos, for 270 million dollars.
Wynn planned to demolish the casino which dated from the 1950s and which had changed hands several times and to construct his greatest hotel- casino.
Demolition of the Desert Inn began on the 23 of October 2001 but to carry out his major project, Wynn needed extra space. After some long court battles, he managed over several months to acquire several private houses on Paradise Avenue. So with the land from the old Desert Inn, the hotel’s golf club and the new land he had a site of 870 000m2. Work began in 2002 on the new complex that was initially called Dream but was then called the Wynn Las Vegas.
After about 3 year’s work and an investment of 2.7 billion dollars Steve Wynn launched the casino on the 26th of April 2005, his wife’s birthday. The casino has 2716 five star rooms and suites over 45 floors. At 187 metres tall, it is the second highest building in Vegas after the Las Vegas Stratosphere. In 2008, a luxury 2000 suite extension the Encore Suites was added and in 2009 the complex became the Wynn Las Vegas & Encore.
The Wynn Las Vegas’ other attractions and services
The complex offers several extremely luxurious services including:
- 18 restaurants
- An 18-hole golf course (The Wynn Golf and Country Club) designed by Steve Wynn himself on the site of the Desert Inn’s old golf course. The Wynn Las Vegas is the only hotel-casino on the Strip to have its own golf course for use by its clients.
- 3 night clubs : The Lure, the Tryst and the XS which attract the world’s top DJs.
- 4 swimming pools and a spa, the Wynn Las Vegas Spa
- The Waterfalls: waterfalls at the hotel’s entrance.
- The Lake of Dreams : a garden in front of the hotel with a lake, waterfalls and a beautiful pine forest.
- A shopping centre with 20 designer shops : The Wynn Esplanade
- An art gallery : The Wynn Art Collection ( which closed down in 2006)
- A Ferrari- Maserati dealership
- A wedding chapelThe Wynn Las Vegas also has several permanent shows: Dream, Monty Python’s Spamalot and Q Avenue.
Details of the Wynn Casino
The Wynn Casino covers 10 200 m2. The main room is decorated with marble, gilding and flower displays.
The imposing casino offers:
- More than 2600 slot machines : classic slots, video rollers and video poker for all levels of gamblers. You can attempt to win one of the casino’s fixed, progressive or multi-site jackpots.
- More than 250 gaming tables with the main casino classics as well as the most popular table games such as roulette, baccarat, blackjack, craps, sic bo, Pai Gow Poker, Let it ride, and Big Six. One can even play baccarat at tables by the poolside.
- Poker room: 25 tables for Cash Games and for the daily poker tournaments.
- A sports betting and horse racing room.
How to find the Wynn Las Vegas in Google Maps