Lightning Baccarat : New live baccarat from Evolution Gaming
Lightning Baccarat is the latest in the lightning series of games from Evolution Gaming (launched in January 2020). After the success of Lightning Dice and Lightning Roulette, Evolution has decided to give Asia’s favourite card game the multiplier treatment.
In this Lightning Baccarat review, we’ll show you how it works, how to play it, and what you could win. Trust us when we tell you that you’ve never seen baccarat like this before!
Lightning Baccarat – Key Features
- This live game is powered by Evolution Gaming. You can 100% trust this company to run fair, player-friendly games.
- Up to five cards are given multipliers of up to 8x before the cards are dealt. If these appear in the winning hand, your win is multiplied by them.
- Multipliers can compound. For example, if you have two cards with 8x multipliers and they both appear in a winning hand, you’ll win a 64x payout boost.
- Multiple HD camera views of the live dealer and the cards as they are dealt. Everything is set in an inviting gold and black lightning studio.
- Pair and Tie side bets are available for extra winning opportunities.
How Lightning Baccarat Works
We played Lightning Baccarat at a top live casino site so that we could give you a full breakdown of how this new live game works. This is what you’ll experience step by step.
- When you enter the gaming studio, a live dealer will welcome you. If a hand is in play, you may have to wait for a few seconds, but it won’t take long for the action to begin.
- You’ll be invited to make bets on the digital baccarat table. As in most baccarat games, you can bet on Player, Banker, Tie, or the Pair side bet. Please be aware that a 20% fee is taken to fund the multipliers.
- Before any cards are dealt, up to five cards will be randomly selected, and multipliers of x2, x3, x4, x5, or x8 will be linked to them. If these cards appear in a winning hand, they will boost your payouts by this much.
- After the lightning cards have been selected, a normal game of baccarat will occur. See our baccarat game page for more information if you’re not familiar with the rules.
- Payouts are made automatically. If you’re lucky enough to have one or more lightning cards in the hand you backed, the multipliers will be applied. They will also be applied to any winning side bets you made.
- Remember that even if you don’t win any multipliers, you can still win a standard hand of baccarat. There are two elements to this game – the underlying game and the lightning multipliers.
This is baccarat on steroids. If you enjoy the normal version of this simple card game, you’ll love this one. We predict that Lightning Baccarat will be just as popular as Lightning Roulette. Truly massive payouts are possible, although you’ll need a little luck to win the biggest ones.
Lightning Baccarat – Extra Features
It’s the little things that separate world-class live dealer games from average ones. Evolution Gaming is the master of adding small things into its games which turn out to make a big difference. In Lightning Baccarat, you’ll find:
- Baccarat Roadmaps – You can view the results of every hand dealt in a given shoe. As well as seeing which bets were won by Player, Banker, or Tie, you can see which hands won with a lightning multiplier in play.
- Betting Intelligence – If you want to wait and see what other players are doing, you can do so. The number of players and the amount of money being bet on each outcome is detailed on the interactive baccarat betting board.
Register a gaming account here and claim your bonus to join a live dealer!
Are There Any Negatives to Lightning Baccarat?
You have to expect a few differences between games like this and standard variants. After all, the casino has to fund the multipliers and manage the risk associated with them some way. Here are a couple of potential downsides to this game.
- Lightning Fees – You’ll pay an extra 20% on top of your wager to fund the multipliers. If you wager £10, it will cost you £12. Some players look at the probability of winning large multipliers and think the light isn’t worth the candle in this case.
- Lower Payouts – You’ll notice that Tie bets pay 5:1 in Lightning Baccarat. In standard baccarat games, they pay 8:1 and in some cases 9:1 depending on the casino. The same goes for Pair side bets. Whereas they would normally pay 11:1, the pay 9:1 in Lightning Baccarat.
- £1,000 Max Bets – Although this will be more than enough for 99% of players, it must be said that some other baccarat games offer high stakes players the chance to bet more. We’ve seen some live baccarat games with maximum bets of £5,000 or more.
Lightning Baccarat – Player’s Verdict
We were unsure how this game would turn out, but it’s one of our favourite games now. We think there’s a good chance that you’ll feel the same way about it.
It’s true that 20% fees can add up quickly, but all you need is one lucky hand to win eye-watering multipliers. All baccarat fans should play Lightning Baccarat at least once.