Platinum VIP Blackjack: Table for VIP Players
Evolution Gaming has a few interesting blackjack variants such as Free Bet Blackjack and Infinite Blackjack. This one is designed for high rollers with a larger bankroll than the average player.
In this Platinum VIP Blackjack review, we’ll show you the key features of this game, what makes it different from the others, and what, if any, special features it has.
Platinum VIP Blackjack – Key Features
This blackjack game is powered by Evolution Gaming. Live games don’t get more legit, safe, and fair than this. The endless awards this company has won prove that.
- Close HD camera work creates a real casino gaming experience. Intimate views of live dealers and game tables make it feel highly realistic.
- Side bets such as 21+3 and Perfect Pairs are available. These add excitement and extra winning opportunities to the game.
- Natural blackjack pays 3:2 and insurance bets pays 2:1. Double Down and Split Pair bets also available.
- High stakes betting limits mean you can wager up to £25,000 per hand at some casinos.
How Platinum VIP Blackjack Works
When you take a seat at the Platinum VIP Blackjack tables, the first thing you’ll notice is how close the dealer seems. It’s a straight-on view of the table and the dealer, just like at a real casino. Here’s what happens from there:
- If a hand is currently in play, you’ll need to wait for the next betting window. This won’t take long. Once one opens, place your wager and wait for the countdown timer to run out. This indicates that the betting window is closed. Remember that if you want to make the side bets, you have to do so now.
- The dealer will then deal you and other players at the table two cards. She’ll also deal herself two cards – one facing up, and one facing down.
- At this stage, as in all blackjack games, you’ll have to decide what you want to do. You can hit, stand, split pairs, or double down.
- When all players have decided to stand, the dealer will turn over her down-facing card and reveal her hand.
- Winners are declared, and payouts are settled instantly. There’s nothing more to it than this. A new betting round will then open.
Are There Any Negatives to Platinum VIP Blackjack?
No live dealer game is perfect, or at least there isn’t a game which will suit every player’s preferences perfectly. Here are some of the things to watch out for when playing Platinum VIP Blackjack.
- Higher Minimum Bets – Betting limits are higher since this is a VIP table. The minimum bet will depend on which table you choose. The smallest has a £100 minimum bet. Several tables have £250 minimum bets.
- Single Camera Angle – Some players prefer the different camera angles which other Evolution blackjack games offer. This is a single-angle game with a straight view of the dealer and table. The view doesn’t change.
- No Free Bets – Evolution’s Free Bet Blackjack offers free Double Down and Split bets on qualifying hands. Those aren’t on offer in this high-stakes blackjack variant.
Platinum VIP Blackjack – Side Bets
As with many of the Evolution Gaming blackjack variants, this one offers two side bets. For those of you who aren’t familiar with them, let us explain how they work.
- 21+3 – This is a mini-poker style side bet in which you can win by making poker hands from your first two cards and the dealer’s first up-facing card.
- Perfect Pairs – This side bet offers extra payouts for mixed, coloured, or perfect pairs. For example, if your first two cards are 10s, you’ll win this bet.
*Note that perfect pairs side bets pay progressively more depending on the pair you make. A mixed pair pays 6:1, a coloured pair pays 12:1, and a perfect pair pays 25:1. A perfect pair is defined as two cards of the same suit and value. For example, two Ace of Hearts is a perfect pair.
Platinum VIP Blackjack – Player’s Verdict
This is an excellent live blackjack game for those with the bankroll to play it. Naturally, given the high cost of entry, it won’t be for everyone. It does have lower minimum bets than Evolution’s Grand or Diamond VIP games, but it’s still a high-stakes game by most standards.
If you’re a high-roller, it’s most certainly worth playing. Otherwise, you might want to check out a variant like Party Blackjack instead.
Platinum VIP Blackjack – Frequently Asked Questions
Is Platinum VIP Blackjack rigged?
No, Evolution Gaming does not rig its live games. You can see everything the dealers are doing at all times. This is a highly legit company which has won many awards. It isn’t in the business of scamming players.
Can Americans play Platinum VIP Blackjack?
We have yet to find an Evolution Gaming casino which accepts US players. Sorry, and we hope this will change in the future if the laws change in the USA.
Is it worth making the side bets in Evolution Blackjack?
Some players believe these side bets are a waste of money. While it is true that the odds are against you, they pay handsomely if they win. For example, a successful perfect pairs side bet can pay 25:1 for a pair of the same suit. It’s possible to get that because multiple decks are used.