Evolution Gaming is constantly innovating and creating new, exciting games for live casino players. In April 2020, it officially launched its first live numbers game called Mega Ball. This game brings elements of keno, lottery, and bingo together into a fast-paced and potentially highly rewarding live casino game.
In this Mega Ball review, we’ll tell you how to play Mega Ball, what you could potentially win, how the game works, its pros and cons, and a lot more, too.
Mega Ball – Key Features
- This live game is powered by Evolution Gaming. This is the market leader, and you can trust it. They always deliver high-quality live games.
- Payouts of up to 999,999:1 your stake if you match six lines on a single game card.
- Hosted in an atmospheric green and gold game studio with multiple HD camera angles and an entertaining game host.
- The ability to buy packs of up to 25 cards at a time – how many cards you can buy depends on your stake per card. The maximum is 200.
- Bets from just £0.10 per draw. High stakes players can wager up to £100.
How Mega Ball Works
We got a chance to play Mega Ball as soon as it was released. We’ll guide you through the process of how to play Mega Ball here. This is exactly what will happen when you play it live.
- When you enter the Mega Ball studio, you’ll see the ball machine spinning in the background. The live game host will explain a few things, such as how many cards you can buy in packs and a little bit about the game.
- You’ll need to set your “value” and then purchase cards one by one or in packs. The total bet is calculated under each pack. For example, if your bet value is £2 and you buy a pack of 10 cards, your total bet will be £20.
- Once the countdown timer on the screen runs out, the betting window closes, and the draw begins. 20 balls will be drawn in total, and numbers will appear on a gold screen in the background as they are drawn.
- As you match numbers, they’ll be marked off on your cards. When you create winning lines, they will also show on your cards as a gold line.
- After the main draw, a “Mega Ball” will be chosen. This can award a multiplier of up to 100x. All of your winnings will be boosted accordingly on the screen.
If you win multiple lines on one card, you can win bigger payouts. For example, if you get six lines on one card, your payout could be between 9,999:1 and 999,999:1. Hope for as many lines on one card as possible!
Mega Ball – Extra Features
Almost all Evolution live games have extra features that make them easier or more enjoyable to play. Here are a few of the extra features we noticed in Mega Ball.
- Card Packs – The ability to buy packs of up to 25 cards at a time before the draw. This saves time since the betting window is under 15 seconds.
- Interactive Cards – Cards move on the screen as you match numbers. The cards with the best chance of creating wins move closest to the top.
- Prize Tracking – Matched numbers show on the screen as well as prize amounts you have won. These will be boosted when the Mega Ball multiplier is applied.
- Game Records – In the bottom right, you’ll see all of the balls that have been drawn and how many balls there are left to draw in one round.
- Chat Feature – If you have any questions about the game, how it works, what you can win, etc, there’s a chat feature, and the game host will happily answer your questions.
Are There Any Negatives to Mega Ball?
No live dealer game is perfect for every single player. While some players might not view these as negatives, they could potentially be for others.
- Fast Pace – We had to play this game a few times before we fully understood it. It is fast-paced, and it’s all over quite quickly, and there are quite a few game elements.
- Less Social – Whereas other slower-paced games give you more time to chat to the host, she’s quite busy during this game. There’s less chance to interact through the chat feature.
- House Edge – A rough estimate of the house edge is 4.6-4.95%. That’s higher than most slot machines. However, the high-value prizes offset this to some extent.
Mega Ball – Player’s Verdict
If you’re a fan of lotto-style games like keno, there’s a high probability that you’ll love this game. We’ve been waiting for a live dealer lotto game for quite some time, and finally, Evolution Gaming has delivered it.
You’ll likely have to play it a few times to fully understand all of the game elements, but this looks set to be another Evolution Gaming classic. We enjoyed it, and we think you will as well.