Pragmatic Play holds its own in the live casino gaming sector. Up against giants like Evolution, it has shown itself to be a worthy competitor, with blackjack, roulette, and baccarat games, as well as a few game shows, at some of the top live casinos online.
In this review, we’re going to take a closer look at Blackjack Azure. Pragmatic Play launched the Azure range of games with royal blue tables and alluring studios not long ago, and they’ve become a huge hit with players.
So, what’s good about Blackjack Azure? What’s not so good? How do you play it, and should you? We’ll cover all of that and more here.
Blackjack Azure – What You Need to Know
- This game is operated by Pragmatic Play. This is a well-known operator with valid gaming licences from several iGaming regulators, including the UK Gambling Commission.
- The theoretical RTP of Blackjack Azure is 99.59%. Of course, this depends on you using a perfect blackjack strategy. However, it’s excellent, and the house edge is minuscule.
- The game is hosted in Pragmatic Play’s Romanian studio in a beautiful, art deco style. The tables are blue, hence the name Azure, and the dealers are both entertaining and beautiful.
- There are 26 different tables with various betting limits. The minimum bet at any table is £5. The maximums range between £1,000 and £5,000.
How to Play Azure Blackjack – An Honest Guide
How does a typical game of Blackjack Azure go? What can you expect as a player? That’s what we’ll cover in this section. As with all our other reviews, we play the games ourselves for real to give you the most accurate information.
- When you first enter the studio, the live blackjack dealer will greet you and invite you to place your bets. Make sure you’ve chosen a table with suitable minimum bets for your budget.
- Drag the digital chips onto the betting positions on the table and onto the positions you want to bet on. There are standard blackjack bets and two side bets to choose from.
- The dealer will then deal the cards to all of the players at various positions on the table. You’ll get two each, and the dealer will get two with one facing down.
- At this stage, each player needs to make their game decisions. For example, you can choose to hit, stand, split, or double down.
- Eventually, this will lead to the showdown. The dealer will reveal his or her down card and will play accordingly.
This is a simple, classic live blackjack game. It has no multipliers or bonus payouts, but you can win big by making side bets. Blackjack Azure is for medium to high stakes players, and everything about it screams luxury and prestige.
Azure Blackjack – Pros and Cons
Pros and cons are largely subjective, but let’s take a look at what could be considered to be the strengths and weaknesses of Blackjack Azure.
Blackjack Azure Pros
- Tables – With so many tables and languages to choose from, you’ll be sure to find one that’s right for your bankroll. It’s also nice to be able to hear the dealer speak in your native language or at least the one you’re most familiar with.
- Side Bets – Making the Pairs or 21+3 side bets can lead to some bumper payouts. Yes, they’ll require an additional bet, but you can win up to 30:1 on the Perfect Pairs bet. Even if you wager £10, that’s a major payout.
- Prestige – This game is all about prestige and luxury. The studio is seductive and luxurious. The table limits are relatively high. It’s all about the high roller experience.
Blackjack Azure Cons
- Table Limits – The table limits are relatively high compared to other live blackjack games. You can’t play this game for any less than £5 per hand. Some other games offer live blackjack wagers from just £1.
This is an excellent live blackjack game that keeps it simple, frill-free, and fun. It’s a classic blackjack variant with a couple of potentially lucrative side bets. However, you’ll need a decent bankroll to play. At £5 per bet minimum on the lowest stakes table, this isn’t a game for penny blackjack players.