Chinatown Roulette by Authentic Gaming whisks you off to the heart of Birmingham’s Chinese Quarter, with no need to leave your sofa.
This online roulette table game is broadcast in real-time from the Genting casino in the UK’s second city.
And you can get in on the action no matter where you are, simply by loading up your MrMega account.
What is Chinatown Roulette?
The latest in a series of live dealer casino releases from Authentic Gaming, this game is set in a real Genting casino in Birmingham’s Chinatown district. And the Eastern influence is immediately apparent when looking at the wheel, which features a stunning golden dragon.
Like the other live roulette games in this series, the action takes place on a classic European wheel. That means 37 numbers with a single zero pocket and no sign of the 00 favoured in the United States. But unlike many live dealer roulette products, there’s no purpose-built studio here. Instead, the visuals are streamed in real-time from the floor of an actual casino.
This one happens to be in the Chinese Quarter of the UK’s second-largest city. As a result, your gaming experience will undoubtedly be tinged with a Far Eastern flavour. Let’s now learn a little more about this fantastic live dealer game.
Chinatown Roulette Rules
Aside from the unique setting of this live casino product, there’s nothing especially unusual about the rules of Chinatown Roulette. If you’ve ever played European Roulette before, then you’ll be well aware of what lies in store for you with this Authentic Gaming title.
Regardless, let’s quickly run through the rules of the game to make sure you understand how to play.
Table and Layout
As we mentioned previously, the Chinatown Roulette wheel adopts the standard European layout. That’s a single green zero pocket, plus an even mixture of 18 black numbers and 18 red numbers, 1 through 36.
In order to place your bets, you’ll see a virtual representation of the betting layout on your screen. You can use the chips at the base of the page to place bets on this layout, which is formed of three columns of 12 numbers, with the green zero section sitting at the top.
You’ll also notice a selection of special bets, accessible by clicking on the “Racetrack” and “Call Bets” buttons to the left of the chips. These help you to place combinations of numbers at speed.
There are two categories of bets you can make when playing Chinatown Roulette. The simplest to understand are known as the “inside” bets, which can be seen below:
- Single: Choose any individual straight up number. Pays out at 35 to 1.
- Split: Cover two adjacent numbers at once by betting on the line. Pays out at 17 to 1.
- Street: Pick a line of three numbers at the same time. Pays out at 11 to 1.
- Corner: Cover a square containing four numbers at once. Pays out at 8 to 1.
- Six-Line: Any group of six adjacent numbers. Pays out at 5 to 1.
Following on from the inside bets, we also have a series of bets found on the outskirts of the virtual betting layout. As such, they are known as “outside” bets, and these lower-paying wagers are as follows:
- 1-18/19-36: Will the ball land among the higher or the lower group? Returns 1 to 1.
- Odd/Even: Just guess whether the number will be odd or even! Returns 1 to 1.
- Red/Black: Similar to the above, only guessing the selected colour. Returns 1 to 1.
- Columns: In which column will the chosen number fall? Returns 2 to 1.
- Dozens: Choose any of the three groups: 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36. Returns 2 to 1.
Hopefully the rules of Chinatown Roulette are already nice and clear. But let’s make sure we’ve understood fully with a quick example of how a spin plays out.
- Make your bets. Distribute chips around the layout to place your desired wagers.
- Spin the wheel. The croupier will first set the wheel moving, followed by the ball.
- Determine the winners. Wherever the ball lands, that’s the winning number!
- Pay the bets. Anyone whose bets featured the chosen number is paid accordingly.
Chinatown Roulette For Mobile
The most convenient way to experience Chinatown Roulette is to play through your mobile or tablet. Like all of Authentic Gaming’s live casino titles, this one is optimised for handheld devices. And by choosing to play at a top-quality online casino such as MrMega, which is also designed with mobile players in mind, you can’t go wrong.
MrMega’s simple and intuitive interface is the ideal choice for all Windows, iOS and Android hardware. What’s more, with a UK Gambling Commission licence, secure encryption and trustworthy payment methods, MrMega is one of the safest casinos around. Join today to see for yourself and you’ll earn a 100% deposit bonus into the bargain!