Playtech is best known for its massive catalogue of online video slots, but what many people don’t know is that it’s also the largest live games supplier in Europe and Asia.
In this review, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about Playtech with a special emphasis on its live dealer games.
Playtech – Important Facts
- Playtech was founded in 1999 by Teddy Sagi, and it launched its first game back in 2001.
- After a period of rapid growth, which included signing long-term deals with some large online gambling sites like William Hill, Playtech was listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2012.
- In February 2017, Playtech opened the biggest live games studio in the world in Riga, Latvia. This 8,500 square metre facility allows Playtech to offer live dealer games 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Since launching its live games line of products, Playtech has expanded its portfolio to include baccarat, blackjack, roulette, poker, sic bo, Hi-Lo, and live dealer slots.
- In 2019, Playtech became the first operator to offer live slot machines. With the launch of Buffalo Blitz slot in its live studio, Playtech once again made history in casino gaming.
That’s an impressive resume, isn’t it? Let’s now take a closer look at Playtech’s live dealer games in more detail.
Playtech Live Dealer Blackjack
Playtech offers multiple blackjack variants -Classic, Blackjack Unlimited, and Quantum Blackjack.
- Classic Blackjack – It is what it says – a standard game of live blackjack played with eight decks at a real blackjack table.
- Unlimited Blackjack – This game doesn’t have an upper limit on how many players can participate. This means you’ll never have to wait for a seat.
- Quantum Blackjack – This is Playtech’s signature game with multipliers of up to 1,000x. Up to three special cards are selected, multipliers are applied to them, and if you have them in a winning hand, you’ll benefit from the multipliers.
There are a few other blackjack variants by Playtech including Grand Blackjack, which has higher betting limits for high-stakes players, and Soho All Bets Blackjack, in which the dealer has to stand on all 17s.
Playtech also has blackjack games in multiple languages, including English, Italian, and German.
Playtech Live Dealer Roulette
There are a few Playtech live roulette games, and one or two of them are especially noteworthy. Let’s look at the different Playtech roulette game categories.
- Classic Roulette – You can play American, European, or French roulette with live dealers. In case you’re not familiar, European and French Roulette only have one zero, whereas American Roulette has two. French Roulette also has special rules like “En Prison” and “La Partage.”
- Speed Roulette – If you fancy a faster pace of live roulette, this one takes half the time that other live roulette games do. You’ll have to place your bets quickly, and all of the entertainment elements are removed in the interest of a rapid pace.
- Age of the Gods Roulette – Have you ever heard of the Age of the Gods slots by Playtech? They’re legendary games with massive progressive jackpots. In Age of the Gods Roulette, you’ll have a chance to enter a special bonus round where you’ll spin reels to try to win a progressive jackpot.
- Quantum Roulette – Another instalment in Playtech’s “Quantum” series of games, you can win multipliers of up to 500x if you land lucky numbers in this game. If ever there was a time to make straight bets in roulette, it’s on this game.
- Spread Bet Roulette – This game involves a secondary wheel, which you can see in the background. Depending on the combinations made by the wheel, you can win payouts of between 1:1 and 400:1. The fewer possible combinations there are, the bigger the payouts.
Playtech also offers roulette in multiple languages, including Italian, French, German, Romanian, and other languages. There are also some other variants such as Diamond, Prestige, and Slingshot Roulette.
Playtech Live Dealer Poker
Playtech offers a number of casino poker games against live dealers. You won’t play these against other players, but instead, you’ll go head-to-head with the live dealer.
- Casino Stud Poker – Get a better five-card hand than the dealer to win this game. You can also make the 5+1 and progressive jackpot side bets for a chance to win bigger payouts.
- Casino Hold’em Poker – This is the closest thing you’ll get to Texas Hold’em against the casino. In fact, many players learn how to play TXS Hold’em on this game. If you make the AA side bet, you can win payouts of between 7:1 (straight or lower) and 100:1 (Royal Flush).
- Heads up Hold’em – Again, the objective of this game is to beat the dealer with a higher-ranked five-card hand. This version has two side bets. The Trips side bet pays if you make three-of-a-kind or higher. The Bonus Bet pays if you get a pair or higher as pocket cards.
- Three Card Brag – If you prefer three-card poker, this is the best game for you. Whereas normally a Royal Flush is the highest-ranked card, in this game, it’s three-of-a-kind, and 3s outrank all other cards. There’s also an optional Pairs Plus side bet for a chance to win extra payouts.
Other Live Dealer Games
This section will cover all of the other Playtech live games that don’t strictly fall into the categories above. As you’ll see, Playtech is always finding new ways to entertain players. We expect this list to grow a lot in the coming years.
- Playtech Live Slots – Right now, you can play the classic Buffalo Blitz slot against a live dealer. This is a new and innovative game, and we hope to see more Playtech live slots in the future.
- Baccarat – Playtech offers multiple variants of live baccarat, including Auto Baccarat, Dragon Jackpot, Grand, Prestige, and Golden Baccarat. Most of these are played with Asian live dealers since this game is most popular in that region.
- Sic Bo – This ancient Chinese dice game involves betting on the outcome of three dice. There are lots of betting options and payouts range from 1:1 to 180:1. Playtech’s Sic Bo Deluxe offers game multipliers of up to 1,000x and is played on a table shaped like a lotus flower.
- Hi-Lo – This is perhaps the simplest card game of all time. All you have to do is bet on whether the next card will be higher, lower, or the same as the previous one. This game can host unlimited players. The Playtech Hi-Lo studio is very cool with neon lights giving it a cocktail bar theme.
- Spin and Win – This is Playtech’s money wheel game to rival Evolution’s Dream Catcher. It’s incredibly simple – bet on where you think the pointer will land on the wheel for cash payouts.
Playtech is serious about live dealer games, and its list of games is always growing. It has stated its intentions to grow in this sector, and we believe them when they say they’ll do it. Enjoy any of the live games above at our approved Playtech live casinos.
Frequently Asked Questions Playtech
What’s the best Playtech live game for beginners?
All Playtech live games are high-quality, but if you’re looking for some advice on what to start with, we recommend Quantum Roulette. It’s exciting, easy to play, and the 500x multipliers make it worth the risk.
Are Playtech live games available at legal online casinos in the UK?
Yes, some of the biggest online casinos such as Betfair and Bet365 offer them. These are certainly legal as they hold UKGC licences which are reviewed regularly.
What’s the smallest amount I need to bet on Playtech live games?
Some of the games have minimum bets of just £1, while others have minimum bets of £5 or more. It depends on what game variant you play. These live games are suitable for both high rollers and low-stakes players.
News about Playtech
Casino games operator Playtech has reported an “extremely strong” first four months of earnings in 2020. It stated that the growth in revenue was driven by its online casino gaming operations and its trading platform TradeTech. In total, Playtech’s betting and gaming sector, which includes a growing portfolio of live
In March 2020, the world’s leading gambling software company, Playtech, announced that it had launched another three Live Roulette tables in the Spanish market. These new tables, which are the first roulette games to be designed using Playtech Live’s innovative ‘Green Screen’ technology, are now online at GVC’s Bwin, PartyCasino,
After 19 years “together” Playtech and Teddy Sagi, its founder have decided to end their love story. The Israeli businessman, Teddy Sagi has sold the last shares that he had in Playtech, the group that he founded. In the 2000s, Playtech the online games developer was one of the leading
A live roulette player won the sum of 599 380 pounds sterling which is about 667 000 euros, on Playtech's game Age of the Gods Live Roulette. The happy winner was playing roulette on his mobile in the online casino Casino.com and won this astronomical amount. Since this progressive
Playtech, one of the world’s leading online casino software developers recently announced very positive revenue results and it has high hopes that the results for the second quarter in 2015 will be as good. Playtech which was founded in 1999 is one of the longest established internet casino software developers